Are details and precision your passion?
Are you most inspired when solving design riddles and contributing your creativity to develop impactful architectural and interior designs?
At Studio Munge, we bring spaces to life for many of the world’s most iconic luxury brands and discerning clientele. Our environments are holistically experiential, immersive, and layered thanks to an ever-expanding scope of work, including architecture, landscaping, interior design, and product design. Our multidisciplinary design collective has created a global reputation through purposeful and concept-driven designs, mentored by Alessandro Munge. Together, we do so much more than decor. We think beyond our spatial limitations; we imagine the shared experience. Together we create more than pretty pictures; we fashion exciting, award-winning, and time-tested spaces. Today, we are looking for an experienced Architectural Technologist to join our quickly growing Private Residential team.
Join our Team!
Our Technologists are the “go-to” team members for architectural design, project drawings and related technical tasks. At Studio Munge, this role goes beyond producing accurate and coordinated drawing packages. Our Technologists pride themselves in collaborating with designers to sublime the design intent and translate design development sets into comprehensive construction drawing packages. They skillfully juggle sensitivity to the design while maintaining technical work aligned with the core design intent.
If this sounds like a great way to express your multiple talents, join Alessandro and our dynamic team in designing a better world, one space at a time!
– Work closely with Alessandro Munge, Team Lead and Project Designers, to develop and produce innovative structures and spaces that achieve the design vision from preliminary concept to final construction drawings
– Interpret and develop preliminary design concepts into storytelling visuals using site 3D models, plans and site studies, including zoning and by-law reviews
– Produce preliminary design drawings for client presentations
– Produce all zoning documentation and coordinate with city planning to ensure successful submission, including management of COA, TRCA, RNFP all other local authorities
– Produce the highest quality of architectural and interior design drawings, including detail designs, architectural and millwork fabrications
– Plan and develop technical drawings packages by translating design development direction into full working drawings
– Coordinate all consultant drawing sets and specifications
– Work closely with your Team Lead to define timelines, goals, and expectations
– Devise and implement various productivity tools in drawing production without sacrificing drawing standards, accuracy, and quality
– Comply with company and client drawing standards while providing ongoing mentorship for fellow team members in terms of drawing techniques and quality
– Promote company culture and demonstrate a positive attitude
– Direct mentorship from Alessandro Munge and our world-class design team
– Competitive salary based on experience and industry standards
– Extra time off during the annual end-of-year studio closure
– Inspiring workspace with free parking
– Access to a state-of-the-art gym
– Healthy snack pantry
– Competitive health benefit package
– Open invitation to our regular team-building company events
– Be legally entitled to work in Canada – holding Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Resident status or a valid work permit
– Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Architecture, Interior Design or equivalent
– Minimum 3 years of experience in private residential design
– Working knowledge of the Ontario Building Code, specifically Section 9
– Working Knowledge of Toronto’s residential by-laws
– Demonstrated experience in developing private residential projects from initial concept to complete working drawings
– Demonstrated experience in developing architectural permit drawings for residential projects
– Accustomed to working in a fast‐paced, deadline-oriented environment
– Highly flexible and able to prioritise multiple projects and tasks
– Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
– Possess a creative and curious mindset
– Self-motivated with the ability to collaborate within a diverse team
– Autodesk Architecture
– Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, In-Design, Acrobat, Illustrator)
– Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)