Do you love to tell stories through design?
Are you inspired by the people, places, events, and objects surrounding you?
At Studio Munge, we bring spaces to life for many of the world’s most iconic luxury brands and sophisticated clientele. Our environments are holistically experiential, immersive, and thoughtfully curated thanks to an ever-expanding scope of work, including architecture, landscaping, interior, and product design. Closely mentored by Alessandro Munge, our award-winning multidisciplinary collective has created a global reputation through vibrant, purposeful, and narrative-driven designs.
Today, we are looking for an experienced Intermediate Multi-Residential Designer to join our quickly growing team.
By our side, your exciting projects could include mid to large scale residential developments for reputable developers and ionic brands such as Nobu, Edition, Pendry and The Ritz-Carlton.
Join our team!
As an Intermediate Designer, you will be relied on to communicate, mentor and be proactive in collaborating with your team and clients alike, leveraging your innate ability to interpret directives from our Principal and Team Lead’s vision into a comprehensive design. This multi-faceted position will rely on your creativity and leadership skills to drive local and international multi-residential projects from design concept and narrative phases to construction, ensuring all aspects meet and exceed our innovation and quality standards.
Learn more about our design philosophy and if this sounds like a great way to express your multiple talents, join Alessandro and our dynamic collective in designing a better world, one space at a time.
– Create, develop, and execute innovative design concepts that are impactful and aligned with the intended purpose and project design strategy
– Improving SM design procedures while liaising with the team and management
– Assist the Project Leads in the development of large-scale projects
– Manage and carry out multiple hospitality projects of varying stages of completion from concept to construction within schedule and budget
– Facilitate training and onboarding of new members of staff and the ongoing development of other designers through supportive mentorship
– Establish trusting relationships with clients through successful management of expectations and requests, consistent communication, and captivating deliverables and presentations
– Collaborate to establish the project schedule and team schedule
– Coordinate and monitor the progress of work amongst junior designers
– Select and specify all interior design elements with relevance to the established design narrative
– Prepare design specifications documents using studio software, Fohlio
– Direct mentorship from Alessandro Munge and our world-class design team
– Competitive salary based on experience and industry standards
– Flex work location & schedule
– Extra time off during the annual end of year studio closure
– Inspiring workspace with free parking
– Access to a state-of-the-art gym
– Healthy snack pantry
– Competitive health benefit package
– Open invitation to our regular team-building company events
– Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Interior Design, Architecture or equivalent
– Minimum 4 years of experience in hospitality design
– Accustomed to working in a fast‐paced, deadline-oriented environment
– Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with internal colleagues, and external clients, consultants, and suppliers
– Excellent design, time, and priority management through a high skillset in scheduling and resource management – practising proactive measures where possible
– Resourceful, curious, inspired, and creative
– Able to clearly express concepts in three dimensions through 3D modelling or freehand sketching
– Well-versed with current global laws and regulations pertinent to the standard practices of interior design
– Strong comprehension of FF&E; capable of working with in-house FF&E specialists
– Autodesk Architecture
– Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat, Illustrator)
– Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)