Are you a seasoned problem-solver driven by a passion for design?
At Studio Munge, we bring spaces to life for many of the world’s most iconic luxury brands and sophisticated clientele. Our environments are holistically experiential, immersive, and thoughtfully curated thanks to an ever-expanding scope of work, including architecture, landscaping, interior and product design. Closely mentored by Alessandro Munge, our award-winning multidisciplinary collective has created a global reputation through emotive, purposeful, and narrative-driven designs.
Are you our next dedicated and inspired team member?
You have a passion and appreciation for great design, understand the importance of maintaining a designer’s vision while implementing the most effective solutions on time and within budget. In addition to being highly organized, you also possess excellent problem solving and the ability to prioritize multiple ongoing projects at varied design stages.
Studio Munge Project Managers are proactive in overseeing site projects from start to finish, work collaboratively with design and construction teams to facilitate the completion of our projects. Those teams include internal and external consultants, site managers, designers, technologists, and clients.
Learn more about our design philosophy and if this sounds like a great way to express your multiple talents, join Alessandro and our dynamic collective in designing a better world, one space at a time. By our side, your exciting projects could include five-star properties and brands such as ARIA and The Bellagio resorts in Las Vegas, multiple Pendry hotels and residences in the US, two Ritz-Carlton, two CURIO Collection hotels and more boutique luxury projects around the world.
– Work closely with Project Leads and Technical team members to plan and manage project schedules ensuring deliverables are achieved on time and in accordance with clients’ construction management processes and budgets
– Review initial contract document with management prior to commencement of work to ensure the fee structure, project schedule, and staff allocation are clearly defined. During design, monitor the contract, manage the scope of work, and prepare ASP for additional scope.
– Participate in key meetings with internal teams and clients during pre-tender phases
– Communicate as primary contact for all project-related matters among clients, consultants, and construction managers during post-tender phases up to the turnover of the completed project
– Coordinate design with all other consultants involved in the project
– Advise designers and mentor technical team members
– Review shop drawings and facilitate samples reviews
– Conduct periodic site visits to ensure construction is faithful to construction documents
– Address site issues by providing timely and appropriate solutions in liaison with the internal design team
– Monitor site work and flag work that is not completed in accordance with the design intent
– Issue Addendum Site Instructions and change orders
– Direct mentorship from Alessandro Munge and our world-class design team
– Competitive salary based on experience and industry standards
– Flex work location & schedule
– Extra time off during the annual end of year studio closure
– Inspiring workspace with free parking
– Access to a state-of-the-art gym
– Healthy snack pantry
– Competitive health benefit package
– Open invitation to our regular team-building company events
– Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Interior Design or Architecture
– Minimum 5 years of project management experience in all phases of projects for high-end hospitality, private or multi-residential projects
– Working knowledge of interior construction, drawings, and specifications
– Excellent communication skills
– Technical skills: able to communicate or clarify design intent by way of hand-sketch or 3D Sketchup
– Ability to travel to Canadian and international projects
– PMP Certification or equivalent
– Demonstrated experience managing international projects
– Bilingual or trilingual an asset
Software Skills - High Proficiency
– Bluebeam Revu
– Adobe Acrobat
– Microsoft Office
Software Skills - Working Knowledge
– Microsoft Project Software