Do you love to tell stories through design?
Can you develop abstract ideas and turn them into a new reality?
Are you inspired by the people, places, and things that surround you?
Have you thought about the opportunity to grow yourself as a design leader and mentor?
At Studio Munge, we bring spaces to life for many of the world’s most iconic luxury brands. Our spaces are tactile, signature and layered. We have established our reputation through storytelling and concept-driven designs. Together, we do more than interior design. We think beyond our spatial limitations and imagine the shared experience. Together, we create more than pretty pictures. We shape exciting, award-winning and time-tested spaces.
Join our team!
This multi-faceted position relies on your creativity and leadership to drive international projects of a large scale from design concept and narrative phases to construction, ensuring all aspects of the project meet and exceed our innovation and quality standards. As a Senior Designer/Project Leader, you will be relied on to clearly communicate, mentor and be proactive in collaborating with your team and client-base alike; including the strong ability to interpret directive from our Principal and Senior Director’s vision into a comprehensive design. In addition to managing your own deliverables, you will also mentor intermediate and junior designers encouraging their overall skill and development.
We’re seeking an inspiring and passionate individual with accomplished talent to lead multiple luxury hospitality and residential projects.
If this sounds like a great way to express your multiple talents, join Alessandro and our dynamic team in designing a better world, one space at a time.
– Build and mentor a strong, well-rounded design team with the ability to execute projects that meet Studio Munge’s expectations
– Manage most internal team dynamics and daily issues, in a collaborative and constructive way for the team’s overall welfare
– Create, develop, and execute innovative design concepts from start to finish, that are impactful and aligned with the intended purpose and project design strategy
– Lead, manage and carry out multiple complex projects of varying stages of completion from concept to construction within schedule
– Establish trusting relationships with clients through successful management of expectations and requests, consistent communication, and captivating deliverables and presentations
– Facilitate growth and development of junior/ intermediate designers through support and mentorship
– Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Interior Design or equivalent
– Minimum 8 years (5 continuous years in hospitality) work experience with international projects
– Chinese (Mandarin) language fluency, an asset
– Accustomed to working in a fast‐paced, deadline-oriented environment
– Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with internal colleagues, and external clients, consultants, and suppliers
– Excellent design, time and priority management through a high skill-set in scheduling and resource management. Practicing pro-active measures where possible.
– Resourceful, curious, inspired and creative
– Able to clearly express concepts in three dimensions through 3D modeling or freehand sketching
– Well-versed with current global laws and regulations pertinent to the standard practices of interior design
– Strong comprehension of FF&E; capable of working with in-house FF&E specialists
– Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, In-Design, Acrobat, Illustrator)
– Autodesk Architecture
– Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
– Revit (an asset)
How to apply
To start your application process, simply email us at [email protected].
Please let us know why you would be the perfect addition to our team. Make sure to attach your résumé and a sample of your best work alongside a short cover letter highlighting your unique talents.
We look forward to getting to know you!