At Studio Munge, we bring our imagination to life. We think beyond our spatial limitations. Our design process is motivated through storytelling and problem solving our way through concept-driven designs. Our spaces are soulful, purposeful, and immersive. Together, we foster our creativity. Together, we realize a shared imagination.
Do you have a passion for developing concepts into reality?
Are you driven by inspiration from the people, places, experiences, and opportunities that surround you?
As Senior Designer & Project Lead you will collaborate with a team of talent on international hospitality or residential projects. This multifaceted role relies on your creativity, leadership, mentorship, and communication skills to drive projects from concept and schematic design phases, all the way through to project completion.
Studio Munge’s mandate to our Senior Designer & Project Lead is to clearly communicate all aspects of design, and to be proactive in collaborating with your project team, consultants and clients alike. You take pride in facilitating the design process through mentoring designers and project team members, supporting their overall skill and development while continuing to learn yourself. You have a strong ability to understand clients’ project briefs, to interpret directive from our Principal, to integrate the overall vision, and lead the project team to envision and develop a comprehensive design.
– Minimum 8 years (5 continuous years in hospitality) work experience with international projects
– Resourceful, curious, inspired, and creative
– Committed to continuous learning and innovation
– Accustomed to working in a fast‐paced, deadline-oriented environment
– Excellent design, organization skills, time and priority management through proactive and responsive scheduling and resource management
– Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with internal colleagues as well as external clients, consultants, and suppliers
– An upbeat, positive attitude, and a regular contributor to a great place to work culture
– Demonstrated team-orientation and collaborative approach to your work
– Clear expression of concepts in three dimensions through 3D modelling or free-hand sketching
– Versed with current global laws and regulations pertinent to the standard practices of interior design
– Strong comprehension of FF&E; capable of working with in-house FF&E specialists
– Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Interior Design or equivalent
– Strong communication skills – verbal, written, and design communication
– Demonstrated experience managing international design projects
– Ability to travel beyond Canada for work purposes
– Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, In-Design, Acrobat, Illustrator)
– Microsoft Office
How to apply
To introduce yourself to Studio Munge, email your cover letter, resume, portfolio, and relevant project list to [email protected]
We look forward to learning how your unique talents make you a great addition to our team and how your strengths and skills align with the responsibilities and qualifications listed above.