Are you inspired by all art forms from interiors to fashion, architecture to travel and culture?
Can you conceptualise custom furnishings that are both exquisite and functional?
Are you motivated to see your bespoke designs in experiential environments?
At Studio Munge, we bring spaces to life for many of the world’s most iconic luxury brands and sophisticated clientele. Our environments are holistically experiential, immersive, and thoughtfully curated thanks to an ever-expanding scope of work, including architecture, landscaping, interior, and product design. Closely mentored by Alessandro Munge, our award-winning multidisciplinary collective has created a global reputation through vibrant, purposeful, and narrative-driven designs.
Today, we seek an experienced, creative, and collaborative Interior Designer specialising in FF&E to join our dynamic team and conquer any challenge through unique solutions.
By our side, your exciting projects could include mid to large-scale hospitality and residential developments for reputable developers and iconic brands such as The Ritz-Carlton, Nobu, Edition, and Pendry.
With your love and a great understanding of colours, textures, finishes, and a curious mind, help us tell the world unique and emotive design stories. Mentored by Alessandro Munge and our FF&E Design Team Lead, you will work with fellow industrial designers and procurement agents to create the most compelling furniture, fixtures, and equipment. Our ideal candidate can present innovative design solutions to the studio, ensuring all project details meet and exceed our quality standards. In addition to having a flair and drive to push creative boundaries, this candidate must be proactive, highly organized, and confident with client-facing scenarios.
Learn more about our design philosophy and if this sounds like a great way to express your multiple talents, join Alessandro and our dynamic collective in designing a better world, one space at a time.
– Collaborate with our FF&E Design Team Lead to balance and manage multiple projects from design concept to completion, at all stages of FF&E production
– Conceptualize furniture, millwork, and decorative lighting, with an understanding of space and scale while ensuring all align with the projects’ narratives and Studio Munge’s standards
– Collaborate with FF&E Lead and Industrial Designers, to develop custom pieces that are aligned with client and/or brand requirements
– Design and develop custom carpets and various textiles, ensuring alignment with the design concept and the project’s brand standards
– Select and specify various purchased catalogue pieces, with relevance to the established design narrative
– Select and specify FF&E materials that are appropriate and follow Studio Munge’s durability standards
– Create and/or refine furniture layouts, ensuring functionality
– Write FF&E specifications using Studio Munge software Fohlio
– Manage and coordinate with suppliers and furniture manufacturers
– Coordinate and collaborate with Studio Munge internal Design and project management teams
– Coordinate with procurement agent
– Participate in prototype reviews
– Review and track FF&E submittals
– Direct mentorship from Alessandro Munge and our world-class design team
– Competitive salary based on experience and industry standards
– Extra time off during the annual end-of-year studio closure
– Inspiring workspace with free parking
– Access to a state-of-the-art gym
– Healthy snack pantry
– Competitive health benefits package
– Open invitation to our regular team-building company events
– Be legally entitled to work in Canada – holding Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Resident status or a valid work permit
– Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Interior Design, Industrial Design, Architecture or equivalent
– Minimum 5 years of design work experience with demonstrated specialisation in FF&E Design
– Experience in 5-star luxury hospitality projects an asset
– Highly creative, resourceful, curious, organised, and self-confident
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – verbal, written, and design articulation
– Exceptional attention to detail
– Proven understanding of materiality
– Proven understanding of space and scale with the ability to draw and detail furniture pieces
– Product knowledge of furniture, fabrics, accessories, art, drapery, decorative lighting, and finishes
– Budget management skills
– An upbeat, positive attitude, and a regular contributor to a motivated work culture
– Accustomed to working in a fast‐paced, dynamic, deadline-oriented environment
– Well-honed time and priority management skills
– Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
– Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Ready to join our team?
To apply, send us a cover letter highlighting why you would be the perfect candidate, an up-to-date résumé and a portfolio of work aligning with Studio Munge’s brand standards. Please note that applicants without a valid work permit or portfolio will not be considered.
We look forward to meeting you!