Are you inspired by all forms of art from interiors to fashion, architecture to travel and culture?
Can you conceptualize custom furnishings that are both exquisite and functional?
Are you motivated to see your bespoke designs in modern and impactful spaces?
At Studio Munge, we bring spaces to life for many of the world’s most iconic luxury brands and sophisticated clientele. Our spaces are tactile, layered, and immersive. We have established our reputation through storytelling and concept-driven designs. Together, we do more than interior design. We think beyond walls and floors; we imagine the shared experience. Together we create more than pretty pictures; we fashion exciting, award-winning, and time-tested spaces. Are you the ambitious and creative Interior Designer who specializes in FF&E, we are looking for?
With your love and a great understanding of colours, textures, finishes, and curious mind, help us tell the world unique and emotive design stories. Mentored by Alessandro Munge and our Lead FF&E Designer, you will be working collaboratively with fellow industrial designers and procurement agents to create the most compelling furniture, fixtures, and equipment. Our ideal candidate has the strong capability to present innovative design solutions to the studio, ensuring all details of the project meet and exceed our quality standards. In addition to having a flair and drive to push creative boundaries, this candidate must be proactive and highly organized as well as confident with client-facing scenarios.
We are searching for a creative, collaborative, and inspired Interior Designer specializing in FF&E, who is eager to conquer any challenge through unique solutions.
– Work with FF&E Lead to manage projects from design concept to completion, at all stages of FF&E production
– Collaborate with FF&E Lead and Industrial Designers, to develop custom pieces that are aligned with client and/or brand requirements
– Ensure all FF&E pieces align with the project’s narrative and Studio Munge’s standards
– Conceptualize furniture, millwork and decorative lighting, with an understanding of space and scale
– Select and specify various purchased / catalogue pieces, with relevance to the established design narrative
– Select and specify FF&E materials that are appropriate and follow Studio Munge’s durability standards
– Create and/or refine furniture layouts, ensuring functionality
– Write FF&E specifications using Studio Munge software Fohlio
– Manage and coordinate with suppliers and furniture manufacturers
– Coordinate and collaborate with Studio Munge internal design and project management teams
– Coordinate with procurement agent
– Participate in prototype reviews
– Review and track FF&E submittals
– Ability to design custom carpet / various textiles, ensuring alignment with the design concept and project/brand standards
– Ability to balance multiple projects at various levels of completion
– Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Interior Design
– Minimum 2 years design experience in FF&E
– Highly creative, organized and self-confident
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
– Exceptional attention to detail
– Proven understanding of materiality
– Proven understanding of space and scale with ability to draw and detail furniture pieces
– Product knowledge of furniture, fabrics, accessories, art, drapery, decorative lighting and finishes
– Budget management skills
– Accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment
– Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, In-Design, Acrobat, Illustrator)
– Microsoft Office 2016 (Word, Excel, Outlook)
– Google sketch-up
Ready to join our team?