Does your ability to integrate purpose and timeless beauty drive your designs?
Does your love for people, places and innovation foster your curiosity?
At Studio Munge, we bring spaces to life for many of the world’s most iconic luxury brands and sophisticated clientele. Our environments are holistically experiential, immersive, and thoughtfully curated thanks to an ever-expanding scope of work, including architecture, landscaping, interior, and product design. Closely mentored by Alessandro Munge, our award-winning multidisciplinary collective has created a global reputation through vibrant, purposeful, and narrative-driven designs.
Today, we seek an experienced Industrial Designer specializing in furniture and fixtures to join our quickly growing team.
By our side, your exciting projects could include mid to large-scale hospitality and residential developments for reputable developers and iconic brands such as The Ritz-Carlton, Nobu, Edition, and Pendry.
Learn more about our design philosophy and if this sounds like a great way to express your multiple talents, join Alessandro and our dynamic collective in designing a better world, one space at a time.
– Influencing the overall success of complex innovative design projects through collaborating with fellow team members and expressing your unique perspectives
– Partnering with interior design, procurement, and FF&E project team members on the design and development of furniture, fixtures, and lighting for luxury hospitality and residential interior.
– Developing FF&E items from rough concepts into presentation-ready 3D models for review and study
– Ensuring congruency of individual pieces with overall design narrative for interior space
– Working closely with your project team members and clients to refine concepts into production-ready designs
– Reviewing shop drawings and full-scale prototypes for production quality, fit, finish, and function
– Producing clear and accurate design documentation to communicate design intent to our clients and manufacturing partners
– Coordinating with purchasing agents, project managers, and custom furniture vendors
– Direct mentorship from Alessandro Munge and our world-class design team
– Competitive salary based on experience and industry standards
– Extra time off during the annual end-of-year studio closure
– Inspiring workspace with free parking
– Access to a state-of-the-art gym and weekly workout classes with a trainer
– Healthy snack pantry
– Competitive health benefits package
– Open invitation to our regular team-building company events
– Be legally entitled to work in Canada – holding Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Resident status or a valid work permit
– Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Industrial Design or equivalent
– Minimum 5 years of post-graduation work experience in luxury hospitality design
– Demonstrated experience specifically in FF&E design including lighting, upholstered furniture, and case goods in residential and hospitality
– Resourceful, curious, inspired, and creative
– Committed to continuous learning and innovation
– An upbeat, positive attitude, and a regular contributor to a motivated work culture
– Strong communication skills – verbal, written, and design articulation
– Accustomed to working in a fast‐paced, dynamic, deadline-oriented environment
– Well-honed time and priority management skills
– Solidworks 3D CAD
– Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
Ready to join our team?
To apply, send us a cover letter highlighting why you would be the perfect candidate, an up-to-date résumé and a portfolio of work aligning with Studio Munge’s brand standards. Please note that applicants without a valid work permit or portfolio will not be considered.
We look forward to meeting you!