Do you love to tell stories through design?
Are you inspired by the people, places, events, and objects surrounding you?
At Studio Munge, we bring spaces to life for many of the world’s most iconic luxury brands and sophisticated clientele. Our environments are holistically experiential, immersive, and thoughtfully curated thanks to an ever-expanding scope of work, including architecture, landscaping, interior, and product design. Closely mentored by Alessandro Munge, our award-winning multidisciplinary collective has created a global reputation through vibrant, purposeful, and narrative-driven designs.
Today, we seek an experienced Senior Interior Designer specialising in Multi-Residential and Hospitality to join our quickly growing Miami team.
This multi-faceted position relies on your creativity and leadership to drive international projects of a large scale, from design concept and narrative phases to construction, ensuring all aspects of the project meet and exceed our innovation and quality standards. As a Senior Designer, you will be relied on to communicate, mentor and collaborate proactively with your team and client base, including the strong ability to interpret directives from our Principal and Team Lead’s vision into a comprehensive design. In addition to managing your deliverables, you will mentor Intermediate and Junior designers, encouraging their overall skill and development.
Learn more about our design philosophy, and if this sounds like a great way to express your multiple talents, join Alessandro and our dynamic collective in designing a better world, one space at a time.
– Create, develop, and execute innovative design concepts that are impactful and aligned with the intended purpose and project design strategy
– Improving SM design procedures while liaising with the team and management
– Assist the Project Leads in the development of large-scale projects
– Manage and carry out multiple hospitality and multi-residential projects of varying stages of completion from concept to construction within schedule and budget
– Facilitate training and onboarding of new members of staff and the ongoing development of other designers through supportive mentorship
– Establish trusting relationships with clients through successful management of expectations and requests, consistent communication, and captivating deliverables and presentations
– Collaborate to establish the project schedule and team schedule
– Coordinate and monitor the progress of work amongst junior designers
– Select and specify all interior design elements with relevance to the established design narrative
– Prepare design specifications documents using studio software, Fohlio
– Be legally entitled to work in USA
– Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Interior Design or equivalent
– Minimum 8 years of experience with multi-unit residential or large-scale hospitality projects.
– Accustomed to working in a fast‐paced, deadline-oriented environment
– Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with internal colleagues, external clients, consultants, and suppliers
– Excellent design, time and priority management through effective scheduling and resource management, practising proactive measures where possible.
– Resourceful, curious, inspired and creative
– Able to clearly express concepts in three dimensions through 3D modelling or freehand sketching
– Well-versed with current global laws and regulations pertinent to the standard practices of interior design
– Strong comprehension of FF&E; capable of working with in-house FF&E specialists
– Autodesk Architecture
– Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat, Illustrator)
– Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)