Do you love to tell stories through design?
Can you develop abstract ideas and turn them into a new reality?
Are you inspired by the people, places, events and objects that surround you?
At Studio Munge, we bring spaces to life for many of the world’s most iconic luxury brands and sophisticated clientele. Our environments are holistically experiential, immersive, and thoughtfully curated thanks to an ever-expanding scope of work, including architecture, landscaping, interior, and product design. Closely mentored by Alessandro Munge, our award-winning multidisciplinary collective has created a global reputation through vibrant, purposeful, and narrative-driven designs.
Today, we are looking for an experienced Intermediate to Senior Private Residential Designer to join our quickly growing team.
Join our team!
This multi-faceted position relies on your creativity and leadership to drive local and international private residences from design concept and narrative phases to construction, ensuring all aspects of the project meet and exceed our innovation and quality standards. As an Intermediate to Senior Designer, you will be relied on to clearly communicate, mentor and be proactive in collaborating with your team and client-base alike; including the strong ability to interpret directives from our Principal and Team Lead’s vision into a comprehensive design. In addition to managing your own deliverables, you will also mentor junior designers encouraging their overall skill and development.
Learn more about our design philosophy and if this sounds like a great way to express your multiple talents, join Alessandro and our dynamic collective in designing a better world, one space at a time.
– Create, develop, and execute innovative design concepts from start to finish, that are impactful and aligned with the intended purpose and project design strategy.
– Improving SM design procedures and liaising with the team and management.
– Lead, manage and carry out multiple private residential projects of varying stages of completion from concept to construction within schedule.
– Facilitate training and onboarding of new members of staff and the ongoing development of junior designers through supportive mentorship.
– Establish trusting relationships with clients through successful management of expectations and requests, consistent communication, and captivating deliverables and presentations.
– Consulting with clients about project programming and feasibility. Assisting with drafting ASPs and communicating to clients, getting sign off.
– Understanding project schedule and team schedule.
– Direct mentorship from Alessandro Munge and our world-class design team
– Competitive salary based on experience and industry standards
– Flex work location & schedule
– Extra time off during the annual end of year studio closure
– Inspiring workspace with free parking
– Access to a state-of-the-art gym
– Healthy snack pantry
– Competitive health benefit package
– Open invitation to our regular team-building company events
– Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Interior Design or equivalent
– Minimum 3 years of experience with high-end private or multi-unit residential projects.
– Accustomed to working in a fast‐paced, deadline-oriented environment
– Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with internal colleagues, and external clients, consultants, and suppliers
– Excellent design, time and priority management through a high skill-set in scheduling and resource management. Practising proactive measures where possible.
– Resourceful, curious, inspired and creative
– Able to clearly express concepts in three dimensions through 3D modelling or freehand sketching
– Well-versed with current global laws and regulations pertinent to the standard practices of interior design
– Strong comprehension of FF&E; capable of working with in-house FF&E specialists
– Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, In-Design, Acrobat, Illustrator)
– Autodesk Architecture
– Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
– Revit (an asset)