You are inspired by the world of design.
Support, research, and systems are your passion!
At Studio Munge, we bring spaces to life for many of the world’s most iconic luxury brands. Our spaces are tactile, layered and immersive. We have established our reputation through storytelling and concept driven designs. Together, we do more than interior design. We think beyond our spatial limitations; we imagine the shared experience. Together, we fashion exciting, award-winning and time-tested spaces.
Are you our next dedicated and inspired team member?
At Studio Munge, we take pride in continually stretching our innovation muscles to deliver unique designs for each project. Our in-house libraries are crucial resources in our ability to translate design concepts into reality. As our Curator and Content Specialist you take pride in being a collaborative team member through maintaining and evolving our resource libraries and supporting the Studio Munge design process.
If this sounds like a great way to express your multiple talents, join Alessandro Munge and our dynamic team.
– Maintain and organize Resource Library materials, including samples, binders, books, and catalogs
– Keep samples and catalogs current
– Seek out future trends, review new products and innovations
– Keep our web-based library (Libri) current and accessible
– Introduce all new Studio Munge team members to our Resource Libraries and their processes
– Work collaboratively with the Studio Munge Team to develop and evolve systems and processes for the libraries
– Maintain up-to-date product and market knowledge as well as awareness of industry reference standards and resources
– Assist design and procurement team members with:
– Material sourcing and selection using
– Ordering samples, checking availability and pricing of resources
– Managing sample pick-ups and returns
– Writing specifications and installation documents
– Identifying successful materials and vendors during the project closeout process
– Define, incorporate, and enhancing our design concepts and standards
– Preparations for formal design presentation
– Engage in the continual development and improvement of documentation, writing specifications and related Studio standards
– Participate in the project closeout process to identify successful materials and vendors
– In collaboration with the Procurement Team, maintain relationships with vendors and sales representatives
– Maintain an accurate and current database of sales representatives and vendor contacts
– Provide educational opportunities for the Studio Munge team through relationships with vendors and other external resource
– Schedule new product presentations and assist with vendor presentations
– Assist with any other special projects as required
– Demonstrated experience in the design field; a Degree/Diploma in Interior Design is an asset
– Strong knowledge of design trends, material applications, construction and design methodologies, as well as manufacturer-supplier assessment
– Awareness of and experience using a variety of internal and external research and product resources to seek out future trends, review new products and innovations
– Strong understanding of appropriate product usage & codes
– Possess strong vendor relationships and contacts within the architectural and design industry
– Experience working in partnership with Interior Designers and FF&E experts and co-ordinating with external consultants
– Upbeat, positive attitude, and regular contributor to a great place to work culture
– Demonstrated team-orientation and collaborative approach to your work
– Ability to work independently with little supervision and own assigned projects
– Great interpersonal skills and the aptitude to interact with all levels of the Studio Munge Team
– Proven capacity to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with ability to manage priorities, adapt to changes, and learn quickly
– Must be able to lift 15 to 20 pounds on a regular basis
– Computer literacy, internet research capabilities, and cataloguing skills
– Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
– Proficient in Photoshop, Excel, Microsoft Word, Outlook
– Experience with AutoCad is an asset
HOW TO APPLY
We want to know why you will be the perfect addition to our team. Reach out to us at [email protected]. Be sure to attach your résumé and cover letter highlighting your unique talents for this role.
We look forward to getting to know you!